How do I fix greyed out Wi-Fi on my iPhone 4S?
A common problem in the iPhone 4S, sometimes the Wi-Fi button will be grayed out and unclickable. This problem seems to be related to thermal shock — the problem may be temporarily fixed by simply putting the phone in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or under a lamp for 30 minutes.
Why is my iPhone Wi-Fi setting grayed out?
In my experience, a grayed-out Wi-Fi button usually indicates a hardware problem with the Wi-Fi antenna on your iPhone. On Robert’s model, an iPhone 4S, the Wi-Fi antenna runs directly under the headphone jack, and often times some debris or a little drop of liquid can short it out.
How do I get rid of greyed out Wi-Fi on my iPhone?
What do you do when your iPhone WiFi is greyed out? Potential Fixes!
- Clean your device and headphone jack (if your iPhone model has one).
- Update your iOS, if available.
- Reset network settings (General>Reset>Reset Network Settings)
- Toggle Airplane Mode on/off by using control center or Settings > Airplane Mode.
Why can’t I turn on Wi-Fi on my iPhone 4?
If you’re still unable to turn on Wi-Fi, reset the network settings. This will reset all network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings. Be sure you have your passwords handy before resetting. When you’re ready, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Why is my iPhone 4S not connecting to Wi-Fi?
If you are getting the Apple iPhone 4S won’t connect to Wi-Fi issue then you should make sure that airplane mode is off or you can try toggling this switch if it is already in the off position. The problem might be caused by the router your phone is connected to and not by your phone.
Why is my Wi-Fi button greyed out on my laptop?
I would suggest you to check if the Wi-Fi switch on your keyboard is turned ON. You can enable the Wi-Fi by pressing the function key and the F8 key at the same time (Fn+F8 key).
How do you fix your Wi-Fi when it’s greyed out?
To fix this issue on your cell phone, or Android device, what you need to do is perform a factory data reset. A factory data reset or hard reset erases everything from the phone and puts the phone back to its factory default settings.
Why is my iPhone connecting to Wi-Fi but not working?
1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart. 2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.
How do I fix my Wi-Fi on my iPhone 4?
How To Fix The Apple iPhone 4 Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi Issue
- Turn on the Wi-Fi switch of the phone.
- Make sure Airplane Mode is off.
- Make sure that the router is working.
- Perform a force restart.
- Reset the phone network settings.
- Perform a hard reset.
- Engage with us.
How do I connect to Wi-Fi on my iPhone 4S?
- Select Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Set Wi-Fi to ON. Select the wireless network you want to connect to.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and select Join. Wi-Fi Password.
- You are now connected to the Wi-Fi network.