What are some good Southern sayings?
13 Southern Sayings That The Rest Of America Won’t Understand
- “We’re living in high cotton.”
- “She was madder than a wet hen.”
- “He could eat corn through a picket fence.”
- “You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.”
- “You look rode hard and put up wet.”
- “He’s as drunk as Cooter Brown.”
What are some Southern slang words?
Southern Slang Words
- Y’all. We’ll start you off with somethin’ simple.
- Down Yonder.
- Bless Your Heart.
- Kiss My Go To Hell.
- Pitch a Hissy Fit.
- Madder Than a Wet Hen.
- Might Could.
What are the most southern words?
These Are All the Slang Terms You’ll Only Hear in the South
- High cotton.
- Bubba and Sissy.
How do Southerners say hello?
Howdy. This is a Southern way to say hello.
What are some good old sayings?
11 Old Sayings We Need to Bring Back
- “As an apple to an oyster.”
- “Children are certain cares, but uncertain comforts.”
- “Where cobwebs are plenty kisses are scarce.”
- “He who would pun would pick a pocket.”
- “A friend to all is a friend to none.”
- “Garlic makes a man wink, drink, and stink.”
What are some old phrases?
11 Old-Fashioned Expressions People Still Find Charming
- “That’s My Cup Of Tea” Hannah Burton/Bustle.
- “Kick Up Your Heels”
- “I’ll Be There With Bells On”
- “I’m Head Over Heels”
- “You Look Happy As A Clam”
- “Pardon My French”
- “Carpe Diem”
- “Bring Home The Bacon”
What are some old sayings?
How do Southerners talk?
Southerners have a drawl, they say “y’all” and maybe even “howdy.” Surely not everyone in the South talks this way, but most of us are aware of the fact that Southerners don’t speak the same way as Northerners.
What are some wise sayings?
19 Wise Quotes for a Better Life
- Be confident in yourself. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” —
- Always be looking forward. “You can never plan the future by the past.” —
- Live a life of purpose.
- Be brave.
- Use your time wisely.
- Value yourself for who you are.
- Hone your skills.
- Keep your head up.