Can I only file a state return with TurboTax?
You can only e-file a state return in TurboTax if the Federal return has been filed and accepted using TurboTax – either by e-filing both at the same time OR by e-filing the state after the Federal has been accepted.
Does TurboTax charge for state filing?
Like H&R Block, TurboTax has a free filing option that allows you to file your federal return and one state return at no cost.
Why is TurboTax charging me to file my state refund?
The TurboTax account fees were paid so you will not pay those fees again. The processing fee from SBTPG of $40 will still have to be paid when they process your federal tax refund. They will deduct their fee and then direct deposit the federal tax refund into your account.
Why is TurboTax charging me 50 for my state return?
Online Self-Employed is $90 for Federal and $40 for state. So it sounds like $50 is the upgrade difference for moving from Deluxe to Self-Employed edition.
How do I file my state taxes separately with TurboTax?
Continue in TurboTax:
- From the Personal Info tab, select You Your Family.
- Scroll down to Your Filing Status and select Edit.
- On the Review Your Filing Status screen, check Change my filing status and select Married filing separately, then select Continue.
Why is TurboTax making me upgrade?
If we detect that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, like deductions for owning a home or self-employment income, we’ll prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so we can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.
How do I skip state taxes on TurboTax?
Here are two ways to skip your state in TurboTax Online:
- Delete your state return, file your federal return now, and then come back later to re-do your state return.
- Pay for both your federal and state returns now and when you get to the Here are your filing options screen, select Change next to your state return.
Can I file my state taxes separately from my federal?
Yes. You can file them separately. Although state returns can be e-filed with your federal return (or after your federal return has already been accepted), it’s no longer possible to e-file state returns before the federal.