Did vets-4212 replace vets 100?

The Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) replaced the VETS-100A form with a new VETS-4212 form. The new form requires federal contractors to report aggregate data on the number of protected veterans that were newly hired and the number they employed.

What is the VETS 100 report?

Prior to 2002, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act (VEVRA) required federal contractors and subcontractors with contracts worth $25,000 or more to collect certain categories of data on the covered veterans in their workforce annually and report these data on the Federal Contractor Veterans’ Employment Report …

How do I file a VETS-4212 report?

How do I submit the form?

  1. Email to [email protected].
  2. Mail to: VETS-4212 Submission. Veterans’ Employment and Training Service Center. Department of Labor National Contact Center (DOL-NCC) 7425 Boston Blvd. Springfield, VA 22153.

What is a Vets-4212 report?

The Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act (VEVRAA) requires covered federal contractors and subcontractors to file the VETS-4212 Report. The VETS-4212 Report requires a company to indicate the type of contractual relationship that it has with the federal government.

Who Must File vets 100?

A VETS-100A Report is to be completed by each federal contractor and subcontractor with a contract or subcontract entered into or modified on or after December 1, 2003, in the amount of $100,000 or more with any department or agency of the United States for the procurement of personal property and non-personal services …

What is a protected veteran protected from?

What are my rights as a protected veteran? As a protected veteran under VEVRAA, you have the right to work in an environment free of discrimination. You cannot be denied employment, harassed, demoted, terminated, paid less or treated less favorably because of your veteran status.

Who has to have an affirmative action plan?

You must develop an affirmative action program (AAP) if you have 50 or more employees and at least one contract of $50,000 or more, under Executive Order 11246 and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

How do I know if Im a protected veteran?

You are a “protected veteran” under VEVRAA if you belong to one of the categories of veterans described below: Recently Separated Veteran A veteran separated during the three- year period beginning on the date of the veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military.

What’s the difference between a veteran and a protected veteran?

A recently separated veteran is a protected veteran when they separate from the military/stop serving on active duty and for three years afterward. This three year period begins on the date of discharge/release from active duty.

What companies must have affirmative action plans?

While all employers should be mindful of EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) laws, the only companies that are required to have a written, up-to-date AAP in place are federal contractors or subcontractors who have fifty or more employees AND: A contract of $50,000 or more.