How do you convert hyperlinks to values in Excel?
Follow these steps:
- Select the cells that contain links.
- Press Ctrl+C.
- Display the Paste Special dialog box. (On the Home tab of the ribbon click the down-arrow under the Paste tool and choose Paste Special.) (See Figure 2.)
- Click the Values radio button.
- Click OK.
How do I convert cell references to values in Excel?
Converting formulas to values using Excel shortcuts
- Select all the cells with formulas that you want to convert.
- Press Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Ins to copy formulas and their results to clipboard.
- Press Shift + F10 and then V to paste only values back to Excel cells.
How do I convert URL to clickable link in Excel?
Solution: Double-click the cell or press F2 to enter the edit mode, go to the end of the URL and press the Space key. Excel will convert a text string into a clickable hyperlink.
Why Links won’t break in Excel?
a) When the active sheet is protected and you try to edit links the BREAK LINK button will be grayed out. You will need to unprotect this sheet or go to another sheet before you try and break links. b) If a cell within a protected sheet is linked to an external file then you won’t be able to break links.
How do you send an Excel file without hyperlinks?
Break a link
- On the Data tab, in the Connections group, click Edit Links. Note: The Edit Links command is unavailable if your file does not contain linked information.
- In the Source list, click the link that you want to break.
- Click Break Link.
How do you set values in Excel?
Add data validation to a cell or a range
- Select one or more cells to validate.
- On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, select List.
- In the Source box, type your list values, separated by commas.
- Make sure that the In-cell dropdown check box is selected.
How do you display a cell value instead of formula?
Excel displays formula rather than result
- Select the cell.
- Format the cell as “General”. (Right-click the cell, select Format Cells, and choose “General.”)
- Delete the “=” at the beginning of your formula, and hit Enter.
- Insert the “=” back in the formula at the beginning.
How do you turn text into a Hyperlink?
Select the text that you want to turn into a hyperlink, and right-click it. On the shortcut menu, click Hyperlink. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog, paste the link in the Address box and click OK.
How do you force Excel to break links?
For breaking all the workbook links follow these steps:
- Go to the Professor Excel ribbon. and click on the ‘Break Link Manager’ within the ‘Workbook Tools’ group (the button with crossed out link on it).
- Select all the link types you’d like to break and click on start.
- Now, Professor Excel will break all the links.
How to convert external links to values in Excel?
In Excel, the Edit Links function may help you to break the external links and convert them to values, please do as follows: 1. Click Data > Edit Links, see screenshot: 2.
Where do I find Edit links in Excel?
Display the Data tab of the ribbon. Click the Edit Links tool, in the Connections group (Excel 2007, Excel 2010, or Excel 2013) or in the Queries & Connections group (Excel 2016 and later versions). Excel displays the Edit Links dialog box. (See Figure 1.) Figure 1. The Edit Links dialog box. Select the links in the dialog box.
Is there a way to remove links in Excel?
If you use an external data range, a parameter in the query may be using data from another workbook. You may want to check for and remove any of these type of links. On the Data tab, in the Connections group, click Edit Links. Note: The Edit Links command is unavailable if your file does not contain linked information.
When to replace links with values in Excel?
If you are using an earlier version (Excel 2003 or earlier), this tip may not work for you. For a version of this tip written specifically for earlier versions of Excel, click here: Replacing Links with Values. John has a large number of workbooks that have links in them and they are getting very large.